Submission Guidelines for The History of Economic Thought (for English papers)
The History of Economic Thought is an official refereed journal of the Japanese Society for the History of Economic Thought. The Society was founded in 1950 to promote the research in the history of economics and the history of social and economic thought. It is published twice a year.
1. Submissions should be original and previously unpublished papers only.
2. The editorial board will decide the acceptance of all submitted papers. After an initial screening, submitted papers will go through the usual refereed process.
3. The Japanese Society for the History of Economic Thought will retain the copyright concerning all publications in the History of Economic Thought.
4. All papers must comply with the following:
4-1. All papers should be written in English. Quotations from original texts can be quoted in the original languages.
4-2. Papers should not exceed 12,000 words, including footnotes and references.
4-3. Each paper should be accompanied by an abstract of 250 words (not exceeding 300 words), including title and author’s name.
4-4. Up to three JEL classification numbers (https://www.aeaweb.org/jel/guide/jel.php. E.g. B22, B32, I31) should be included in the paper, under the title.
4-5. For all other matters concerning style, please consult the HET guidelines(http://jshet.net/old/annals/het47-50/Styleguide0605.pdf).
5. All papers should be submitted as a MS-Word file. All papers should include a cover letter stating the name of the author, the title, the word count, author’s address, phone and facsimile number, and e-mail address.
Notes and Communications
1. Submissions for “Notes and Communications” should be the following:
a. a critique, survey, introduction of new themes, or new approach, all unpublished materials, regarding the history of economics and the history of social and economic thought: less than 1,500 words,
b. a reply or rejoinder to any published articles in the History of Economic Thought: less than 600 words.
2. For other things, the regulations of the articles apply correspondingly, but the editorial board may simplify the referee procedure.
Submission and inquiries
All manuscripts should be submitted online. Please visit the link (https://www.editorialmanager.com/jhet/) and upload your manuscript files following the instructions given on the screen. Other inquiries should be sent to: jshet-editor [at mark] jshet.net]
The History of Economic Thought
Shin Kubo (Kwansei Gakuin University)
Yusuke Ando, Yukihiro Ikeda, Norihiro Ito, Atsushi Masunaga, Kosuke Oki, Shingo Takahashi, Norikazu Takami, Shimpei Yamamoto
International Advisory Board
Richard Arena, Pascal Bridel, Samuel Hollander, Bertram Schefold, John Vint